Thursday, November 25, 2021
Wednesday, November 24, 2021
We just love, love, love their products. Our favorites? Topaz Glow, Topaz AI Clear, Topaz AI sharpen, Topaz Impression
Enter the discount use code breaphotos for 15% off Topaz products. https://web.topazlabs.com/ref/130
Sunday, September 5, 2021
This week I received two emails from KelbyOne with wonderful news:
Friday, September 3, 2021
I'm excited to be teaching a program on Seascapes, Birds, Long Exposure, and More for PPA's Photography Workshops, September 11, 2021 at 6:30am - 1:30pm!
Join me (Tom) for this great workshop.
Register by Sept 5th and save! Registration is open and $99 rate through September 5, 2021 ($120 after).
Friday, July 9, 2021
The article on live composite that Tom and I wrote made it into this issue of the BEST of for Olympus Passion magazine
Best Of’ Olympus Passion Photography Magazine – Summer 2021 https://shop.olympuspassion.com/product/best-of-olympus-passion-photography-magazine-summer-2021/
Composed by 391 pages with a selection of our most popular articles, all condensed into a single volume and ready to go with you on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer, notebook, iPAD, etc.
From interviews to tutorials, we present you a fine set of exclusive contents.
- Just another occasional photographer Santtu Per Kiö
- My adventure with Olympus Sylwia Ratajczyk
- Capturing Star Trails using Live Composite Lisa & Tom Cuchara
- Beautiful locked world Lívia Czank
- The right tool for the job Ingo Urbig
- User friendly Zachary Matenchuk
- Time for a stable world Fernando Gainzarain
- Fine Art Photography using Olympus Hatta Patria
- Dog’s life through a lens Nina Kalkkinen
- You can’t go wrong with Olympus Adam Dybowski
- City landscape work using Olympus Toby Lehner
- Olympus experience in Yangshuo, China John Salvino
- Moments in time Drew Whitley
- I usually do not photograph what I see, but instead, what I would really like to see Konstantinos Sahlos
- It’s the little things Chris McGinnis
- Lives captured in parts of a second Cliff Harvey
- My ‘Olympus-feeling’ Szilveszter Nemeth
- No one will see the world the way you see it Andreas Tornberg
- Still life photography an obsession Ron Mayhen
- Altering course John Pryke\
Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Super resolution has been in ACR in Photoshop for many months (since March) now, but it is finally directly in LR
Have you tried the Abobe ACR Super Resolution yet? It is awesome! It increases the pixel count 400%. Enhance allows you to increase image quality for making large prints or increasing the resolution of a cropped image. It is coming to Lightroom "soon" (soon is Adobe's timeframe, stated in March), but for now, right click, edit in, open smart object in Photoshop which will open the file in ACR).
I compared Abobe ACR Super Resolution to Topaz Gigapixel, which I have used in the past and it works, but it is clunky and slow. Workflow wise Topaz Gigapixel does not interpret RAW files well, so I have to open the file in ACR and save it as a TIFF and then open it in Topaz Gigapixel, takes a while to process. See our comparisons below.
From Julianna Kost https://jkost.com/blog/2021/06/lightroom-classic-10-3-support-for-apple-silicon-premium-presets-super-resolution-and-more.html
• In the Develop module, choose Photo > Enhance or, right-click in the image (Control -click on Mac) and choose Enhance to display the Enhance Preview dialog.
• Applying Super Resolution automatically enables the Raw Details feature to create the highest quality image possible when working with raw files.
• Any adjustments made to the source photo will automatically be carried over to the newly created, enhanced DNG.
• While you can’t apply Super Resolution multiple times to the same original, you can apply Super Resolution and then enlarge the image further when exporting or, within another application such as Photoshop (using the Image Size command).
To learn more about how Super Resolution works, check out this post by Eric Chan https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2021/03/10/from-the-acr-team-super-resolution.html#gs.4grl9h
Monday, June 28, 2021
DPreview Interview: Olympus Educators Lisa and Tom Cuchara on how Olympus has transformed their outdoor photography
Check this out! DP review interviewed Tom and I, publishing a story and several of our images.
"In this interview, they explain their background, the various kinds of photography that keep them creatively inspired, and why they chose to make the switch to Olympus's Micro Four Thirds system for their bird and nature work."