This event is a macro, flower, still life, set-up, and HiJinx photo opportunity that is something we do once or twice every winter. During the winter there are fewer landscape and flower opportunities, urban locations are cold and hard to plan with the New England weather. So we look forward to this indoor event as a way to quench our creative spirits and keep our photography interesting.
Now only will you come away with some interesting photographs but you will be inspired to set up your own table-top photography
I only had time to post-process a few images, but wanted to share them with you because we all had sooo much fun!!
Some gear to help you with your indoor photography...
- Savage Luminous Pro LED Video Light
- This is our favorite LED light This LED light by Savage is awesome!
- You can adjust the color temperature and the intensity
- or www.huntsphotoandvideo.com/detail_page.cfm?productid=LED204&mfg=Savage&show=yes&sp=0T8PJ
- Savage Macro Art Dual LED ARM Light
- This light is also great for getting light just to where you want it because it has adjustable arms.
- I actually attach it to a Gorillapod, not to my camera, which increases stability and allows me more flexibility and creativity with my compositions.
- Joby Gorillapod Focus with Ballhead
- An extension tube is also great for getting in close. First, focus without it and then place the extension tube between your camera and your lens and get in closer by decreasing the minimum focusing distance.
- Savage Macro Art Variable Auto-Extension Tube (Canon EF Mount; they sell a Nikon mount as well) www.huntsphotoandvideo.com/detail_page.cfm?productid=AETC&mfg=Savage&show=yes
- Set of three Kenko extension tubes Part Number: AEXTUBEDGC http://tinyurl.com/cuchara-hunts-extensiontubes
- You can also use this light tent, We keep one set up so we can place things inside and photograph them.
- Savage Luminous Pro LED Shooting Tent (23.5")
- Two daylight balanced LED light strips run from the front of the box to the rear ensuring shadowless light. The flicker-free LED color corrected (5500k + or - 200k) light source is designed to bring out the true colors of jewelry, collectibles & commercial products. The LED bulbs are low energy & long lasting, eliminating the need for frequent bulb replacement.
If you are not subscribed to our Blog, then please join our email list to find out more about photo classes, tours, workshops, photo ops, gear, etc. http://eepurl.com/b9P2IH
and check out our galleries here : LisaandTomphotography.com